Laughlin dating agency
Connected with the plant to the south was a 100 acre park with a spring-fed stream, lack, zoo, formal garden and outdoor theater. With the addition of the new plant, in January 1907, there were 62 kilns and 48 decorating kilns capable of producing 300,000 pieces of ware per day. New technologies for better and more efficient production required the introduction of science and scientists into the business.The park was the idea of George Washington Clarke, a great innovative salesman for the company. In 1914 they added plant # 5, with 16 kilns, just to the north of plant # 4, the Newell plant. The Homer Laughlin Company hired Albert Victor Bleininger, a scientist in ceramics.Two years later they built plant # 3 beside plant # 2.They also traded the original plant for another in the East End. Still unsatisfied and prompted by the extreme growth in the demand for their wares they wanted to expand again.
Undaunted they persevered, calling themselves, "The Ohio Valley Pottery" and "Laughlin Bros. They were now established as a quality producer in the market.
By 1904 they had begun construction of a metal suspension bridge.
Now called the Newell Bridge it is still in operation as a toll bridge across the river. Newell grew rapidly from a small community of but a few homes to a prospering community with 130 additional homes by December 1907.
He wanted to show his confidence in the American ware.
Homer Laughlin was aware of the conditions of his employees but safety standards were non-existent in industry at this time.
However, there was no available suitable land in the East End of East Liverpool; therefore they pursued the purchase of a 3 mile tract of land in a small community that would become known as Newell across the Ohio River in West Virginia.